About Lee Tucker
Man of Distinction
Visual artist / photographer Lee Tucker has exhibited in galleries in the U.S. and England. He has had numerous one-man shows, including at Chicago's prestigious Steppenwolf theater in tandem with a production of A Streetcar Named Desire.
Tucker's art graces international collections such as those of Freeport-Indonesia, and the Omni, Wyndham, Holiday Inn, Westin and Ritz Carlton hotel groups.
Also on the international scene, Tucker has album, cassette and CD covers to his credit. Such illustrations include, at right, Dr. John's & Chris Bar-bar's On A mardi Gras Day, and below, New Orleans on Parade.
Lee specializes in representational art. Also a studio portrait artist, his commissions over the years include painting portraits of retiring Louisiana Criminal Court Justices.
Tucker's been tapped by architects and interior designers across the U.S. to provide promotional photography, sketches, renderings and painting for five-star properties of such fortune 500 companies as Harrahs, Holiday Inns and the Sheratons.
Tucker uses canvas and camera to express his vision. his focus moves adroitly, primarily between the urban mystique of cities in the Deep South, the pastoral grace of the Appalachians and the moments of elegance between people, no matter their station in life, no matter the settings in which he captures them.
Through innovative use of light and color, reflection and shadow, Tucker captures soul in the commonplace, communicating soft, ethereal visions of the hard-edged world around him.
Winner of the 2003 New Orleans Mayor's Arts Award for his artistic as well as his civic work, Lee has, over the years, contributed his time and talents to historic preservation and to arts programs for inner-city children. He's served as board member for new Orleans children's Arts Programs, as president and board member for Friends of J exackson Square, and as advisor to the board and board member for French Quarter Citizens for Preservation. In North Carolina, Tucker was a member of the Toe River Arts Council and Yancey County's Chamber of Commerce.
A St. Louis native, Lee has a BFA in painting from Missouri State University. He has a studio in the historic Upper Pontalba (open by appointment) and displays and paints at Jackson Square on St. Peter St. Be sure to include a leisurely visit to the Square in the heart of the Vieux Carre when you come to New Orleans. /p>
Artist of Accomplishments
This is a sampling of commercially commissioned work by Lee Tucker
CORPORATE COLLECTIONS AND COMMISSIONS
- Freeport MacMoRan International (Freeport Indonesia, Freeport Sulphur, et al)
- Exxon / Mobil Oil
- Johnson and Johnson
- American Bar Association
- Montgomery Barnett Attorneys at Law
- Westin Hotels
- Holiday Inns
- Steppenwolf Theater- Chicago
- Wyndam Hotels
- Rheim Heating and Air conditioning Inc.
- Sheraton Hotels-New Orleans
- Harrah’s Hotels-New Orleans
- Davis Family Nursing Home-Swansee, Wales, UK
- New Orleans Criminal Courts
- Brenan's of Houston
- Marriot Hotel, Seattle, WA
ARCHITECTURAL, INTERIOR DESIGN, PROMOTION
- Holiday Inn Hotels
- Favrot and Shane Architects, AIA
- John C Williams Architects
- Creative Marketing, Inc. - Chicago
- Marnell Corrao Associates - Las Vagas
GALLERIES AND SHOWS
- Steppenwolf Theater / Chicago
- Annadele’s Plantation and Restaurant / Covington, Louisiana
- Wachovia National Bank / Burnsville, North Carolina
- St. John’s Gallery / Salsbury, England
- St. James Art Fair / Louisville, KY
- Zeeshan Gallery / French Quarter
- Louisiana Furniture and Art Gallery
- Ralph and Kakoo’s Restaurants
- Seaview Gallery / Long Island, New York
- Carol Robinson Gallery / Magazine Street / New Orleans
- Kiss the Frog / Louisville, Kentucky
- Louisiana Watercolor Society
- New Orleans Yacht Club
- Crescent City Brewhouse
- Gallery III / Roanoke, Virginia
- Jubullie restaurant, Manderville, LA
- Image Gallery, New Orleans, LA
- NFL Super Bowl XLVII, On Location
- Signature member New Orleans Academy of Art. (exhibitied 3 yrars in National juried show)
for jackets and covers of internationally distributed media merchandise and publications, such as
- On a Mardi Gras Day, Dr. John; album, cassette, CD
- America West in-flight magazine
- Copulating Jazz, Chris Barber; album, cassette, CD
- Style Channel Celebrity Home Make Over
- New Orleans on Parade, selected New Orleans jazz musicians; album, cassette, CD
- A Rich Collection, Stories and a Novel in Progress by Richard Pevey, (self published January, 2005)
- The World That Made New Orleans: From Spanish Silver to Congo Square by Ned Sublette (First printing January, 2008 - Chicago Review Press)
- Pictorial design for Cheif Al Mardi Gras indian 2020 costume